We can’t wait to welcome you to Patagonia River Ranch!
Now that you’re booked with us, there a few more steps to complete the planning process for your trip. Please refer to the Pre-Trip Planning Guide (link below) for more detailed pre-trip information.
Pre-Trip Planning Guide 2022-2023 Season
- Book flights to Buenos Aires (EZE) and from the domestic airport in Buenos Aires (AEP) to San Martin de los Andes (CPC). If you are arriving on Saturday, we will not be ready for your arrival until the afternoon. If you travel on the early flight into CPC, you will not be able to come directly to the ranch. We recommend using a travel agent to arrange these flights as they can handle any issues easily while you’re out of the country. Most of our guests use Aspen Travel, located here in Jackson Hole, to book their international and domestic flights. Rosa, Dee Ann and Rose are the agents most familiar with our operation – be sure to ask for one of them.
- Arrange travel plans within Buenos Aires. Even if you prefer not to spend the night, you’ll need a transfer between the international and domestic airport (1 hour apart). Many of our return guests have transfer agents they’ve used for years and really enjoy. For new guests, we recommend using LOL Argentina. They are a full service agency with enough office staff to organize your stay in Buenos Aires quickly and efficiently (tango shows, restaurant reservations, city tours, as well as hotel reservations and transfers). Ana, their office manager, handles new inquiries and will connect you with one of their agents to plan your stay (email:firstname.lastname@example.org | phone:406-577-1004). They can also assist in side trips to other parts of the country.
- Purchase trip insurance. Most companies require this to be done with 2-3 weeks of payment for full coverage of pre-exisiting conditions. There are varying amounts of coverage available and you’ll want to check if your airline tickets are refundable or transferable, etc. The two companies we recommend are Travel Ex and IMG Global.
- Double check your passport expiration date! Argentina no longer requires a reciprocity fee or visa for less than 90 days, so all you’ll need to enter the country is a valid passport.
- Fill out our Pre-Trip Questionnaire that will be sent to your email.
- Packing List and Things to Know