I originally planned this trip as a fishing excursion for my husband and sons. Never in my wildest dreams did i think our stay would turn out to be a life-altering experience. We have traveled all over the world, but nothing in terms of hospitality compares to Patagonia River Ranch. It was the trip of a lifetime, and we can’t wait to come back.
During the winter months in the northern hemisphere, why not roll back the clock, grab your fly rod, and head to the magical world of Patagonia, Argentina. Here you will experience the world’s most incredible trout fishing in perhaps the most hospitable nation on earth – Argentina.
The Ranch is located in northern Patagonia in the province of Neuquen. Nestled on the banks of the world famous Chimehuin River, and situated between the sleepy fishing village of Junin de los Andes and the vibrant alpine village of San Martin de los Andes, our location is central to the most diverse fishing waters of Argentina.
Logistics of the trip to Patagonia River Ranch
- Here is a sample of a typical itinerary many of our guests choose, but your trip can be customized to your specific wishes, budget, and time frame. In any case, we can take care of all your travel arrangements from your home town to the ranch, and back, including any side trips to explore other fabulous regions of Argentina or South America.
- On a Thursday, fly from most major U.S. cities on American, United, Delta, or Continental Airlines overnight and directly into Buenos Aires, Argentina. Arrive on a Friday morning. We recommend that you spend 1 night in this amazing city, commonly known as the “Paris of South America.” Many of our guests enjoy staying at the Alvear Palace (www.AlvearPalace.com), a 5-star hotel located in the famed Recoleta neighborhood. But many 3 to 5 star hotels are also available. We highly recommend that you use our English-speaking transfer agents/ “concierge team” in Buenos Aires. They can assist you with transportation services to/from airports/hotels, city tours, and make reservations for dinner, Tango shows and much more while you are in Buenos Aires.
- On Saturday, you’ll be picked up at your hotel by our transfer agents and taken to the domestic airport, then take a 2-hour jet flight on Aerolineas Argentinas to the quaint resort town of San Martin de Los Andes. We recommend you spend one night here to enjoy the excellent dining opportunities and endless outdoor activities as well as first-class shopping. Sunday morning, our ranch staff will pick you up at your hotel for a 45-minute drive to Patagonia River Ranch.
- At the end of your week at the Ranch, the following Saturday, you will be driven to the San Martin Airport (Chapelco Airport) to take your flight back to Buenos Aires. You will arrive in Buenos Aires about 4:00pm, where you’ll be met my our transfer team. You will have time to stop off for some shopping or an early dinner, before you are taken to the international airport for your flight home.
- For those clients who wish to visit the wine country in Mendoza, the high elevation glacier area of the Calafate region, or the magnificent Iguazu Falls, our “concierge team”/travel agent in Buenos Aires can assist in arranging every aspect of your trip; from ground transfers, to air reservations, tours, hotels, and private guides. They’ll take care of everything. All you have to do is relax and enjoy your adventure.